Thursday, December 06, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Since the old days I always wanted to be a pilot, and this stayed with me until I recently saw an ad on the Internet with a coupon for a discovery flight with $99 (discovery flight means a small 1-lesson course in which you get a taste of what flying is and you even fly around with the aircraft for a while to taste this), so I thought why not to begin learning flying now?
Is it the time?
I think so.
So I went there yesterday and I got my first discovery, which including pre-taking off check-list (internal/external) and then the instructor let me take off with the plane and then play for a while up there and then he landed the plane (it's so hard to land it without enough knowledge, but it's easy to take it off).
Any way after that I decided that I'll continue until I get my private license, and then I may go with the instrumental rating (enables you to fly completely depending on the avionics only) and may be after that to take instructor license :)
That what the plane we flew yesterday (Cessna C172 Skyhawk N1152Z):
This is air force 2 which seems be having it maintenance done on that day:
And finally it's me :) :
Posted by Mohamed Moshrif at 11:56 AM
Monday, August 06, 2007
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Saturday, July 07, 2007
So finally, now regardless of "we've kind hearts" and we "live in peace", and issues like that, I am talking professionally, what do you think about our value as "Egyptians" (only those who live inside Egypt) for the man kind?
And please give reasons for your opinion.
N.B: I don't hate being Egyptian, but I see a HUGE amount of negative issues more than any other nation in the history (as a nation which was one day the most advanced one on the planet)
Again, in continue for the last post, the final question:
If you went to your college, and told any professor that his way of teaching is not good and that you can't understand anything, what do you expect that he'll do?
- Give you bad grades in his subject (or even make you fail in his subject)?
- Tell you that you're rude and then you'll probably find that you've lost one year in the college (or may even lose the whole college).
- Tell you "Thanks for letting me know, you're a honest person"?
Knowing the fact that you told him this sentence exactly:
"Dr. X, I am just having an opinion about the way you Sir are teaching us, I just don't like it because I can't understand very well from it, can you please Sir just try to make it slower?"
And just apply the same issue on any other person (police officer, your neighbour, etc).
In continue for the previous post, and taking this post as a reference, this time the question is simple:
We all know that when a girl is rapped that she's a victim, we all agree on this and I am sure than about 80%-90% of the population actually agree on this, but the question, how many people do you think will accept the following:
- Marry the rapped girl (or letting their son marry her) and at the same time all the people around them know this fact (someone may marry a rapped girl as long as no one know this fact).
- Accept her as a best friend for their daughter (again while all the people around them know that she's rapped).
- Accept their daughter to bring her to the home normally.
- Don't look into her as someone who "did sex before" and look into her as normal as them?
- Finally, looking into her as a completely normal girl which doesn't have any difference than their virgin daughter or sister?
For me, I see that most of the population won't allow any of the above, so if anyone saw any case which is not like this, please let me know, because all the cases I knew about won't accept any of the above.
UPDATE: If you don't believe that this is true, and Egyptians will treat her well, then can you tell me why only 5%-10% of the rapped girls and rapped girls family actually report the rapping?(From ministry of interior reports and some un-official reports and organizations).
Because if people are treating them well, then why they don't report it?
Why they feel it's shame and they shouldn't report it?!
A debate has been going on lately about the current generations and whether they are good or they don't even deserve to get the free education they are getting, in my opinion, 85%-90% of the students in those college don't even deserve to be there for the following reasons:
A- Students in colleges like Arts, Law, Commerce, etc.
- Most of them care only about what they will be wearing tomorrow, and how to approach the other sex, and how to get the most recent mobile phone and stuff like that.
- They don't have any idea what they are doing in this college.
- They don't have any plans for their future.
- They hardly succeed in the college.
- They graduated without any much knowledge about the issue they were studying.
B- Students in what called "Top Colleges" (i.e. Computer Science, Medicine, Engineering, etc), I'll be talking about Computer Science but I know that this issues apply on the other colleges from my friends inside them:
- When you find a student who took a place in the college and doesn't even like computer (actually he/she hates computer so much!!!!)
- When learning programming and computer science for him/her is only for the sake of getting higher grades.
- When he/she is in his final year, and doesn't even know a very primitive terms like Object Oriented, break point, #include, namespace, dynamic link library, linker, etc (I am not talking about the meaning that you can get by typing define:word in Google, I am talking about understanding it).
- When their graduation project is anything as long as it gives them more grades.
- When they do the same subjects' projects without even looking into the code (just get the code from anyone).
- When they ignore anything related to the field as long as it doesn't give them any additional grades.
- When they look into anyone who do anything normal as a "genius".
- When reading for them means "shit".
- When talking with them in technology means that you either "a geek" or just "showing off" even if what you're talking about is really nothing!
I know that the system itself sucks, but I am talking about a specific issue, now knowing the fact that we got a percentage of about 10%-15% successful graduates from these colleges, then now we know that anyone could succeed inside, so if you failed, it's your fault.
Now to the poll question, do you agree with these issue and that they actually exist or not?
Monday, June 04, 2007
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Few months ago I saw this video from that journalist in New York Times, and I just ignore it because it was unprofessional and very idiotic.
But when I see that Apple used the exact same points in that video in a public conference, this was really a surprise for me on how Apple is doing marketing as if they don’t have any real thing to do marketing for!!! (Especially after they was about to die before)
To summarize what they are talking about, they mentioned these points:
1. New Vista Search: in Mac OS it’s on the top and in Vista in the lower menu.
2. The Vista Calendar: that Mac OS has the same calendar.
3. The photo organizer.
4. The Chess game
Although as you see that the point mentioned above are far away from being “The OS Main Features Which proves that Vista is a copy of Mac OS” let’s answer them all:
1- New Vista Search:
Search was there in the start menu since the first windows version, it was a menu item and now it's a textbox!!!
And it was there in old windows with the same look like now if you installed Windows Desktop search (or even Google Desktop search) and have Windows Desktop Search bar on explorer, so it's not new at all!!!
2- The Calendar:
It was there since years, and it was there in office (i.e. Outlook) as well since years with the exact same interface!!
3- The photos Organizer:The interface was like this in Windows XP, the only addition is the shape which is ok now after the DX addition, and one more thing, does Mac OS X support the same feature in Vista Photos organizer exactly (I just saw the interface in the video), also Mac OS doesn’t have features like building DVDs on the fly.
4- The chess game: Since when built-in games are an OS feature which is used to identify an OS?!!!!!!
And for the chess game, did Mac invent the chess game?!!!!!!!!
It's just adding all popular games in the free games section, and you know what? Open the about section of the game: "Chess Titans developed for Microsoft Corporation by Oberon Games", mmm interesting, may be because Mac can’t have any more games so Chess will be a Mac OS feature!!
There's even a normal customer who said nearly the same as I said:
And about Mac OS, it’s not even a complete generic OS, it still doesn’t support some protocols, which makes it impossible for Mac machines from talking with some other machines over the network, also I am sure that APIs and framework are hard like hell, or how does it happen that there’s not much software products out there for Mac like Windows and Linux?!!
Now let’s jump into some Vista features, may be they are also copied from Mac and I don’t know!!
(original post in hany's blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/hanybarakat/archive/2007/05/04/windows-vista-must-know-features.aspx)
SuperFetch is basically a feature where the OS collects information about how you use your computer, how do you open applications and what loads after what... etc. The OS uses these information to preloads your applications into your system memory so it'll be ready when you need them. Needless to say this saves a lot of time and increases the system response time and performance.
Windows Vista introduces Windows ReadyBoost, a new concept in adding memory to a system. You can use non-volatile flash memory, such as that on a universal serial bus (USB) flash drive, to improve performance without having to add additional memory. It's easy to use Windows ReadyBoost. When a removable memory device such as a USB flash drive or a secure digital (SD) memory card is first inserted into a port, Windows Vista checks to see if its performance is fast enough to work with Windows ReadyBoost. If so, you are asked if you want to use this device to speed up system performance. You can choose to allocate part of a USB drive's memory to speed up performance and use the remainder to store files.
#3. BitLocker Drive Encryption:
It's a data security feature introduced in Vista. BitLocker enhances data protection by bringing together two major sub-functions: drive encryption and the integrity checking of early boot components. By default it uses the AES encryption algorithm in CBC mode with a 128 bit key, combined with the Elephant diffuser for additional security.
#4. Built-in Diagnostics:
Windows Vista contains built-in diagnostics—collections of instrumentation, troubleshooting, and resolution logic—to resolve external problems that affect the way Windows Vista behaves. It provides a number of diagnostic scenarios—including Network Diagnostics and troubleshooting—to address some of the most common and costly problems facing PC users.
#5. Windows photo gallery:
Is now easier with features like fix (color, brightness, red-eye... etc.). The more amazing about the photo gallery is that you always have a saved original backup of the image no matter how many times you edit it. Windows Photo Gallery lets users organize their digital photo collection in its Gallery view, by adding titles, rating, captions, and custom metadata tags to photos.
#6. Parental Controls:
These controls help parents determine which games their children can play, which programs they can use, and which websites they can visit—and when. You can review easy-to-read activity reports that show how your children have been using the computer. Monitoring your children's computer behavior not only makes it easy for you to keep track of what they are seeing, hearing, and doing, but it also enables you to refine and modify parental controls based on actual feedback.
#7. Windows Defender:
Superior scanning and removal technologies use up-to-date spyware definitions created by Microsoft, with help from Windows Defender users who submit reports of potential new spyware.
#8. Backup and Restore Center:
The Backup and Restore Center gives you one place to manage all backup-related features. Windows Vista include a useful innovation to help you protect your data: Shadow Copy. This feature automatically creates point-in-time copies of files as you work, so you can quickly and easily retrieve versions of a document you may have accidentally deleted.
#9. Windows SideShow:
Wouldn't it be great if you could read an e-mail message, confirm a meeting location, or check a flight reservation without turning on your computer? Windows SideShow is a new technology in Windows Vista that supports a secondary screen on your mobile PC. With this additional display you can view important information whether your laptop is on, off, or in sleep mode.
91 more new features:
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Photosynth is an amazing new technology from Microsoft Live Labs that will change forever the way you think about digital photos.
With Photosynth you can:
- Walk or fly through a scene to see photos from any angle.
- Seamlessly zoom in or out of a photo whether it's megapixels or gigapixels in size.
- See where pictures were taken in relation to one another.
- Find similar photos to the one you're currently viewing.
- Send a collection - or a particular view of one - to a friend.
Posted by Mohamed Moshrif at 12:11 PM
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
It's really weird how years can change people really much, in 1997 Microsoft Saved Apple's ass by buying $150 millions worth of shares (non-voting shares and MS agreed not to sell them for at least 3 years) in Apple to save its ass and save Steve from bankruptcy, and at that time Steve Jobs was very kind, and he said Microsoft is our friends, our partners, bla bla bla.
And after 10 years and when he came back by the help of Microsoft, he doesn't leave any moment without making fun of Microsoft and Windows!!
Really people are so bad, I am just putting this video as a quick reminder:
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
It has been long time since I posted anything which has a lot of debate in the background, any way today I'll talk about the concept of Free Software (I am not talking about Open Source, the title is really obvious, it's about FREE SOFTWARE).
So now here you are what I am thinking, every single profession in the whole world is for money, Doctors earn money from sick people, mechanical engineers earn money from people who owns any mechanical equipments, plumbers earn money from people who need plumping, even Hookers gain money from people seeking pleasure, so as you see every freaken profession on the planet earn money from servicing people who need this profession's services, so why the hell software must be different?!!!
What's the different between someone who spends 8 hours a day writing code and someone else who spends 8 hours a day making sex for money?!!
What?! A hooker makes more efforts?!
How do people measure it here?! How do they think?!! In my opinion, if there's a service which need to be free, it will me medical services because this is something that no one can live without it, but in software it's different, software is luxury, it's either for business or entertainment, so it doesn't make any freaken sense for someone to spend 6 months working day and night for free for someone else to use his efforts to gain money, or for someone to use this software when he gets bored (i.e. computer game), so why a service which is a primary need for any human costs money and a luxury service like software needs to be for free?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So now this is my $1,000,000 question for people who believes that software should be free:
How should software developers earn money?!!
I think I've some answers:
1- They should work on this in their spare time->whoever says this is an idiot because if this is the case, we'd return again into Stone Age.
2- They shouldn't seek money, they are doing this for mankind->Whoever say this is even more idiot that saying #1, I could accept this when I get medical services for free (in any time I should go to any doctor and do whatever I want for free), plumping services for free (in any time I should get a plumper to do whatever I want for free), hookers services for free (in any time I should get a hooker to do whatever I want for free), when all these services become free then we can accept that developers should work for mankind only!
You're more than welcome to give me any other reasons because I can't really understand the concept behind this strange wave!!!!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Monday, March 12, 2007
Saturday, March 10, 2007
In continue for the tagging waves which are happening now, I got tagged again by Myra, let's start :D
SECTION 1 - Last 1s?
1. last beverage? Oroe Shake
2. last phone call? Hany
3. last instant message? Someone I don't know
4. last cd played? Savatage Transiberian Orchestra
5. last time you cried? Last Year
6. last text message? What's the difference between this and point 3??
Section 2 - 6 Have You Evers:
1. dated someone twice? Nope
2. been cheated on? Nope
3. kissed someone & regretted it? Nope
4. lost someone special? Nope
5. been depressed? Yes
6. been drunk and threw up? Nope
Section 3 - List 3 Favourite Colors
Section 4 - This month have you
1. Made a new friend? Nope
2. Fallen out of love? Nope
3. Laughed until you cried? Yes
4. Met someone who changed your life? Nope
5. Found out who your true friends were? Done before
6. Is there something you want to tell someone? Nope
7. Would you kiss anyone on your top friends? Nope
8. How many people on your top friends do you know in real life? How could I've a top friend which I don't know in real life?!!
9. How many kids do you want to have? one or two
10. Do you have any pets? Yes
11. Do you wanna change your name? Nope
12. What did you do for your last birthday? Went Out with Friends
13. What time did you wake up today? 11:30 am
14.What were you doing at midnight last night? Watching a movie
15. Name something you CANNOT wait for? Building my own empire :P
16. Last time you saw your father? More than 4 months ago
17. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life? I need to be more patient
18.What are you listening to right now? Nothing
19. Have you ever talked to Tom? as in Tom & Jerry? Nope
21. Have you ever talked about someone behind their back? Yes
22.What’s the last piece of clothing you borrowed from anyone? Nothing
23. Who’s getting on your nerves right now? No one
24. Most visited webpage? Don't know
25. Coke or Pepsi? Oreo Shake
26. Have you kissed or been kissed by anyone in the past week? Nope
27. Mac or PC? PC, Mac is not good for everyone because it doesn't support everyone (i.e. corporate user as it's missing very important protocols)
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
So I've been tagged by Hany to write this post, I don't think there's much to be written, but let's give it a try.
- I am so moody, I don't ever like doing the same thing twice, and my dream is not to repeat any day in my life again.
- I love being crazy, yeah it's real, to do whatever you want in any time without giving a damn to anyone.
- I am very eastern although it looks like I am not at all.
- I believe in Aliens :D
- There are more than 5 things to know about.
- I am very nervous, although many people think I am calm and many people didn't see me when I am really angry, but here is your advice, when I become really angry just run like hell, because at that time if you even break my leg I won't give a damn and I'll keep fighting you until you die or I die or someone kills us both!
- When I was a kid I burnt a small paper, then when I found it blowing too much fire for me to handle, I threw it in a container filled with papers and magazines, and when I found it burning as hell and fire started to spread into other stuff like bed and carpet, I closed the room and went outside to watch TV as if it's not me who did anything!
- When I was a kid I almost killed another kid (refer back to point number 6), he was making fun of me so I took a very huge rock and hit him on his head, he lost his conscious instantly and I left him bleeding in the middle of the street at 11:00 pm and ran home to my bed.
- When I was a kid I almost got killed when I fall from the ground floor into the -1 floor over a marble stair and I broke my skull from my left ear to the right one (I almost got my brain out).
- Since I was a kid (and until now) I like breaking things apart and building them again, building stuff from nothing, try to invent something new, and things like that.
- I write stories and poetry
- I love kids like hell, and for some reason they get used to me very fast too!
- I love dealing with smart people so much.
- I love candies so much too, and can't stop eating chocolates.
- And I am not as Hany, I don't dream to have a convertible car, I just dream of having my own F-16, I love flying soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
- One day I attended an online lecture in math, I came in the middle of the lecture, so there was a white board out there filled with many theories and stuff, I got bored so fast, so I start drawing into the white board and removing stuff without noticing that the chatting window was like hell as everyone out there was saying: "What's the hell is happening? Who’s that crazy ass hole?" as I just wasted the whole lecture!
- I am very very very very ambitious and I’ve plans for my life like for the next 20 years, and if I am to get married, she must be very ambitious too.
- That's enough for today, let's continue later!
Monday, February 19, 2007
- وأثناء تجهيزهم للجلد أقبل الجلاد عليهم مسرورا وقال لهم: لقد وضعت زوجتي اليوم مولودا جديدا وطلبت منى أن أمنح كل منكم أمنية بهذه المناسبة.
- قال الألماني وكان أول من تقرر البدء بجلده: أرجو أن تربط إلى ظهري وسادة قبل الجلد ..
فقام الجلاد بذلك، فتمزقت الوسادة في الجلدة العاشرة، فلما انتهى الجلاد أخذ الألماني يبكى بشدة وقد تمزق ظهره وسالت دمائه.
- قال الأمريكي وقد حان دوره: أما أنا فأمنيتي أن تربط وسادتين إلى ظهري ..
ففعل الجلاد ذلك، ولكن ما لبثت الوسادتان أن تمزقتا من الجلدة الخامسة عشر، وتلقى الأمريكي باقي الجلدات وهو يصرخ ويبكى من الألم.
- قال الجلاد للعراقي وقد كان آخرهم: أنت أخ عربي وجار شقيق لذا سأمنحك أمنيتين ،،،
قال العراقي: شكرا لك يا سيدي على كرم أخلاقك، وتقديرا لإحسانك فإن أمنيت الأولى هي أن تجلدني مئة جلدة بدلا من عشرين ..
فقال الجلاد متعجبا: ما أشجعك من رجل، لك ذلك، وما أمنيتك الثانية؟
فتبسم العراقي وقال: أما الثانية فأن تربط الأمريكي إلى ظهري !!!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
This is the first post on a series I had the intent to start long time ago, which is why to work in Microsoft.
The first episode will be about why to work in Microsoft products, the next one will be about how funny the work in Microsoft is.
Video: Why Microsoft
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Thursday, February 08, 2007
أنا هحكي قصه حصلت في أخر يوم
at session Mobile client SW factory by Eugenio Pace at Press Center
بعد ما أنتهت المحاضره الراجل بمنتهي الذوق والإحترام ادانا اسطوانات
windows mobile 5.0
وكان معاه كرتونه فحطها أمامه علي الأرض وكل واحد من الحاضرين يطلع يأخذ أسطوانه وطبعا كعادة الشعب المصري بيتقدموا بنظام وكل حاجه وما كانش فيه حد بيزق ولا حاجه ولا حد بيأخد أسطوانتين
المهم أنا كنت واقف جنبه علشان عايز أسأله علي حاجه ففيه واحده طلعتله وبتطلب منه أسطوانه فهو سأل
بيقوله فين الإسطوانات فقعد يدور عليها ثم رد عليه رد
Box is gone
يعني لما واحد يأخد اسطوانتين ماشي يأخذ تلاته ماشي برضه أما يأخد الكرتونه بالإسطوانات ده بقي اللي عيب
ففيه واحد من الناس اللي واقفه بص لي وضحك و قالي جمله
Welcome to Egypt
وأنا بقي مش عارف هما سمعوها ولا لأ؟؟؟؟؟
طلع أسطوانه من اللاب توب بتاعه وأدهالها بجد الراجل ده أخلاقه عاليه قوي وقالها
This is the latest one
ياجماعه عيب اللي بيحصل ده أحنا بنهين نفسنا وبنهينا بلدنا وبنهين أخلاقنا أتمني مثل هذا الموقف ما يحصلش تاني
From now and then I won't reply on any dumb person, I'll just remove his/her comment, now the blog is not accepting dumbs anymore, simple rule simple action, so if your IQ is enough to enable you to understand human speech, then you are more than welcome, but if your IQ is not enough for that and your name is beginning with SOHA then you're not
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Thursday, January 11, 2007
In continue for the last post, here you're the second shots, this time in the light (around 3:30 PM), if you need the originals tell me, those are resized low quality for bandwidth
That's was the temperature at that time:
And that's was it 90 minutes later: