Sunday, October 21, 2007

I am air born :)

Since the old days I always wanted to be a pilot, and this stayed with me until I recently saw an ad on the Internet with a coupon for a discovery flight with $99 (discovery flight means a small 1-lesson course in which you get a taste of what flying is and you even fly around with the aircraft for a while to taste this), so I thought why not to begin learning flying now?

Is it the time?

I think so.

So I went there yesterday and I got my first discovery, which including pre-taking off check-list (internal/external) and then the instructor let me take off with the plane and then play for a while up there and then he landed the plane (it's so hard to land it without enough knowledge, but it's easy to take it off).

Any way after that I decided that I'll continue until I get my private license, and then I may go with the instrumental rating (enables you to fly completely depending on the avionics only) and may be after that to take instructor license :)

 

That what the plane we flew yesterday (Cessna C172 Skyhawk N1152Z):

001

002

003 

006

 

This is air force 2 which seems be having it maintenance done on that day:

010

011

 

And finally it's me :) :

012

3 comments:

Ahmed Shreef said...

awesome, I also was dreaming of being pilot in the Air force.

maybe someday I 'll try driving a small plane like this one, I'm sure it's fun thing to do.

enjoy it.

Mohamed Moshrif said...

Actually the theory is the same, if you can fly this plane you can virtually fly any other plane once you get some additional training on it, but the base is the same :)

I know that even jet pilots start their life training on aircrafts like this one (it even may be less than this one, they may do it on 152 or something like this)

USaMa said...

I wanted to be a pilot too when I was younger!!! maybe most programmers did want to be a pilot in some time in their life :D !! I remember having a ride in one of those small planes when I was a kid ... I'll probably learn flying them someday and make my own ride!, that would be cool :D !