Friday, March 17, 2006

The Journey to USA (Part 4)

Hii again,

Long time, right ;)?

Any way before I continue, here you're some news:

I created my technical blog on msdn blogs at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/mmeshref

Also you could access the both blogs after that through:

http://www.mmeshref.com


Now let's continue :)

Last time I stopped in Friday, so next day we went to pick up my rental car, and as expected, we lost because Iam not good at reading US maps, so instead of going for 5-6 miles only to my car pick-up location, we went for about 14-18 miles to found ourselves in Seattle :D!!!!

Any way, we enjoyed the day there, and visited a lot of places and played in the Game World, here you're the photos:

http://www.mmeshref.com/album/USA%20Relocation/index3.html

Now, it's the time to return back, but there's a problem, we don't know the way back home, also the way to pick up the car, so what's the solution?!

The simple solution is to get a GPS, so we went to radioshak, and I got a very nice GPS which is colored and has a speaker system which will guide you through voice in addition to normal maps on the screen to any place you want to go, also it contains tons of places in which Iam using now every day to go to any place, as example if I want to go to a cinema, I open Cinemas sub-directory and told him to find the nearest one to my current location, and then choose the type of route whether shortest time or to avoid high ways (good in rush hours) or 2 other options, then route, also if I miss any route, it'll re-route the path to a new route depending on my current location, so it's dynamic routing instead of static one, also all these combined with that its screen is touch screen, so I could use both the buttons or touch the screen whatever is easier for me.

Here you're my GPS:
http://www.magellangps.com/en/products/product.asp?PRODID=1038

Really it's cool, up till now I don't even know how to return home, I just open the GPS in any place Iam currently in, and open favorites and click home->route->shortest time.
Then back home, isn't it really cool ;)?

So we used it and went to pick up the car, and then went back home.

In the evening Mostafa was going to meet a guy also I went to meet some people I knew here at MS, so when we came back he told me that he has met with Chris and Mohamed Helal, so in the next day we went with them to a kind of restaurant and also Khaled Aggad and Mostafa El Ehmali were there.

Next day it was our NEO, and this is the next and last episode in this series, so, just wait for it ;)

Stay tight ;)
To Be Continued.....

2 comments:

Bahaa said...

Congrulations ... we don't want to miss you here on the personal blog however ... waiting for the NEO details :d

USaMa said...

Congrats
Waiting for your technical posts