Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Journey to USA (Part 1)

Hii Guys,


As I promised you before that I’ll post my journey details on episodes, so here you’re the first episode written from inside my office in building 35 in Microsoft Redmond HQ.


Let’s start from the moment I left my house and jumped into the car heading to the airport.


We arrived to the airport at nearly 12:00 AM, March 03, 2006.

I’ll skip the moment of saying goodbye to my family members because those moments were the hardest moments in the whole story.

Any way, after that I headed with Mostafa to the airport to wait for KLM flight which is supposed to leave at 2:50 AM.


Then we’ve waited will 2:40 AM, and then we went to the gate, and as usual, in Egypt airport, the flight which was supposed to leave on 2:50 AM, left on about 3:30 AM.

Any way, we’ve taken off, and the flight was good, and the best service I’ve found on both KLM and Northwest Airlines, is the Games & Video on Demand system, in which you could choose to watch from tons of movies and TV series which are all new, and the movies were sometimes on the cinema on the last season (some of them were still in Egypt’s Cinemas till that time), also you could play games, send SMS, watch news, and many other services, here you’re a photo on how the system was looking like (Click to enlarge):








After that, we landed into Amsterdam International Airport, with a temperature of Zero (it was the first time for me to see the sky snowing), and then we stayed in Amsterdam Airport for about 5 hours, and here you’re some photos for Amsterdam’s Airport:


Mostafa in the Airport.




It's me this time :)




Some Cool cars we've found in the Airport:














Our Northwest Airlines Aircraft which was going to take us to US.

Any way, after the 5 hours period, we went to the gates again (by the way I forgot to tell you that Amsterdam Airport is really hugeeeeeeeee, it contains about 60 different gates or more), and then we got our normal interrogation about our visit to US, why and to whom, etc.

Then headed directly to our aircraft where something very weird has happened, you wanna know what is it?!

Wait for the next episode ;)

Stay tight ;)
To Be Continued.....

5 comments:

daigakuinsei said...

Say "Alhamdole Allah"
it is only 40 Min :)

I think this means a huge progress, few years ago I waited more than three hours!

waiting...

Mohamed Moshrif said...

Yup, but the idea is why?

I was there since 12:00, and this delay was only because they open the gate so late and then a lot of people were waiting to enter and then the delay happened!!!

daigakuinsei said...

I'm just sneering at the "no progress"

I know that you may have seen other weird things in the airport that must be uprooted

Mohamed Moshrif said...

No thank God :)
This was the only thing I've noticed, every thing else was great, and people were dealing with very good way :)

Anonymous said...

nice pics :)
waiting for more of redmond ...