Sunday, February 12, 2006

The final countdown to Redmond (Part 2)

After that the process for my training visa (H-3 Visa) has started, and at the same time I have scheduled an interview with the US Consulate in Cairo in February 09.

Few days (exactly at February 03), I got the visa petition approval notify, on February 08 mid-night, I knew that the visa package has arrived to the airport, and so I need to go there to pick it myself to be with me in the next day in the embassy, so I went to the air-port, take the package, went back to home, open it and oopppssssssssss all the papers surname is meshref and my surname in the passport is Moshrif, ohhhhhhh my God, what shall I do?!!

I picked my mobile phone and called Lori the attorney for my case in US, and for the continues bad luck she was away, so I left here a message on her answer machine to call me back.

Few moments later, I went back to my papers, I noticed something, only one paper has this phrase:
Surname (As in Passport)
And the rest aren't having the same phrase, also I noticed another paper which has this phrase:
Surname (list all different spellings)

So I think I got it, in the first paper I changed my surname to be Moshrif like in passport, and in the second one I put Meshref and Moshrif, and left the rest as they are.

After that it was about 4:30 AM, so I put all these papers aside and went to my bed to take some sleep because I must wake up at about 8:00 am, so I have slept and then woke up at 8:00 am, then left at 8:45 am to the embassy.

After I got there, I found .....

But this is another part, stay tight ;)
To Be Continued.....

No comments: