Monday, November 28, 2005

Previous Days, Episode 1

As I promised before that I'll post soon what has happened in the previous days and why I was away from blogging world, so I'll begin now and will try to write the main events only :)

So where we've stopped last time?!

Mmm, when I went to get my green paper (the postponement paper), I got it and returned back to home, after that I heard again that the H1 committee has voted for increasing the cap with additional 30,000 visas this year, so I asked them back for any news and they confirmed my email and told me to wait until they finish the decision and make it ready (it's additional 2 months or so :( ).


That's for Microsoft, but for the gaming company, at last we got an agreement with our partners to establish the company and we've chosen the game genre and the game play mode, but we faced a great problem, what's it?!


Now we've money, have developers, have a game and have a place, but we're missing a very important issue, which is the artists!!!

I don't know if any of you know about this or not, but in game development the art part (the media folder) is consists of 2 main parts, the sound files and 3D objects files.

The sound files are files for music, sound effects, etc.

The 3D objects files are files for players' models, vehicles, buildings, maps, etc, and for a modeler to model a perfect 3D model, there must exist what's known by concept art part, or those whom design the model on paper or Photoshop and give it to the modeler to model in into 3D model.

So we knew that we need:

1- Audio Engineers (or artists whatever).
2- 3D modelers (and in addition to being perfect in making 3D models, there must exist some experience in some specific topics as no one who can just make 3D models to be able to make them for games).
3- 2D artists for conceptual part.


For the audio part, I knew someone who could solve this problem completely for me, also for 2D artists we knew that we could find tons of people whom can do it in perfect way, now back to the initial problem, the modelers.

We made an ad in yahoo groups, we got many CV, nearly we can say that about 2 of them are acceptable (you see, I said acceptable not good), which means that we could try them but we won't be sure that they could make any thing good, so how this problem is solved?!

This is the main subject of the next episode ;)


Catch you later.....

3 comments:

USaMa said...

well, I'm sure this game will be great, I'll make sure I get it

good luck with finding 3D Modelers ;)

Mohamed Moshrif said...

Actually we've already found them, and this will be discussed in more details in the next post :)

Eman M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.